- Each coach must post the results of the match to the Coach’s discord channel.
- Coaches must post games won/lost
- Scroes must be posted by Saturday at noon of the competition week.
- Matches are played as a best of 3 in the preseason and regular season, best of 3 in the postseason, and best of 5 for grand finals.
The higher seed will create the lobby, lower seed will determine which team starts as red/blue in the first game. The match settings to be used are the most recent competitive rules preset with the following settings adjusted:
- Killcams: No
- Swap Teams After Match: No
- Pause Game on Player Disconnect: Yes
Best of Three
- In a Best of Three, teams will take turns banning maps until there are three maps remaining, starting with Team 1. From the remaining three maps, Team 1 will choose the first map, Team 2 will choose the second, and the remaining map will be the third map.
Best of Five
- In a Best of Five, teams will take turns banning maps until there are five maps remaining, starting with Team 1. From the remaining five maps, Team 1 will choose the first map, Team 2 will choose the second, Team 1 will choose the third map, Team 2 will choose the fourth map, and the remaining map will be the fifth map.
Best of Seven
- In a Best of Seven, teams will take turns banning maps until there are seven maps remaining, starting with Team 1. From the remaining seven maps, Team 1 will choose the first map, Team 2 will choose the second, Team 1 will choose the third map, Team 2 will choose the fourth map, Team 1 will choose the fifth map, Team 2 will choose the sixth map, and the remaining map will be the seventh map.
The following maps are permitted for play in official matches. Please note that any reskinned/seasonal versions of these maps are prohibited from play in official matches.
- Game 1: Dorado
- Game 2: Hanamura
- Game 3: Hollywood
- Game 4: Junkertown
- Game 5: King’s Row
- Game 6: Nepal
- Game 7: Oasis
- Other options include Lijang and Anubis if both coaches agree to map switch
- In the event that a game ends in a tie, the map must be replayed with the current team setup. The map tie will not count towards any score.
- Any heroes, skins, sprays, voice lines, emotes, victory poses, highlight intros, or maps that are currently disabled in the competitive game mode are prohibited from use in official matches.
Stoppage of Play
The game may only be paused for the following reasons:
- Player drop
- Player disconnect
- Server crash
- Technical issues
Stoppage of play may be requested at any time for the above reasons. The match host (person who created the match lobby and therefore has pausing privileges) must initiate a pause when a team requests it so long as the pause is not called during combat, while the objective is contested, or during overtime. Each team will have 5 total minutes of pause time per map. Players pause the game using the key combination Ctrl + Shift + =. Abuse of the auto-pause feature may result in punishment for the team abusing it.
- Both teams participating in a match must provide 6 players at the beginning of the first game, and 5 for each consecutive game. During a game, if a team should lose 2 players that have disconnected with the intention of no longer playing in the match at the same time, that team will forfeit the remainder of the game to the opposing team. If a team is not able to field the required amount of players for additional games in the series, then they will forfeit the remainder of the match.
2-2-2 Team Makeup
- Each team must follow the Overwatch League rule of 2-2-2 which means all teams will consist of two damage characters, two tank characters, and two support characters.
- Players shall only switch roles at the end of the game. There shall be no role switching during respawns. Teams must adhere to the 2/2/2 team makeup at all times or they will forfeit the game.