All schools must meet the following requirements in order to participate in the Oklahoma eSports League (OESL):
- High schools serving grades 9-12 recognized by the Oklahoma State Board of Education.
- Teams must have sponsorship from an employee of the district acting as a Coach and a school level administrator supporting the program.
- Teams must ensure all team members have read and agree to the Code of Conduct.
- If a school wishes to host matches, then the school must agree to these terms:
- Ensure all computers have been reloaded prior to the match and all software and games have been updated.
- Ensure all console games have been updated at least 24 hours prior to the match.
- Provide accessible computers that meet minimum system requirements for applicable game(s), with software downloaded and patched as needed
- Provide stable network access to sites necessary for competition
- White-list all applicable sites or programs needed to support competitive play
- Hold at least one two-hour practice per week.
All team members must be in good standings with the Oklahoma eSports League (OeSL) and meet the minimum eligibility requirements for team participation.:
- OeSL participation is open to high school students.
- The high school student must join the eSports team at their participating high school.
- Communicate with coach at least once per week.
Games may be added or removed during the offseason only. In order to remove/add a game, 60% of all active teams must approve the change.